Monday, April 11, 2011

Why Me?

This morning started off on a not so good note...

I had just entered the school building and I felt something wet on the bottom of my leg. There were kids all around me that had just stepped off the bus. I figured maybe one of them had spilled something on me on "accident". When I got to the office to sign in, I made my way into the nurses office to get something to wipe my leg off...just incase it was spit or something. Gross, but you never know when dealing with ten year olds.

Okay, for those of you that are still with me, I walked out of the office with a clean leg was on the way to my classroom. As I was turning the corner to enter my hall, I felt something wet on my shirt. I then realized something was seeking out of my "teacher bag". I frantically started digging though my bag and I ended up finding the source of the leaking.

It was my stupid sprite can. There was a tiny hole poked in the center of the can and liquid was spraying out like a fountain. I was livid. Also, I was freaking out because my macbook, ten-day, and notebook were all inside my bad. Don't forget that by this time the bag was soaking wet. Actually, a full thirteen hours later, the bag is still wet. Needless to say I spent the biggest part of my morning trying to clean up my bag and the very important items in it.

Moral of this story: Don't put sprite cans in teacher bag. It will explode all over everything.

Lesson learned.

I wonder if this is what the School of Ed meant when they said, "as teachers you will always be life long learners".

Probably not!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. Oh.my! I can imagine! I would be upset too. I sure hope Mac-y is fine! :)

    ReplyDelete