Monday, February 14, 2011

It's Valentines Day

Well boys and girls, since today is the day we celebrate love, I think I will talk about a few things I am loving today.

1. My Grandaddy made me this cute little ring. Guess what it was made out of...a dime. How cool is that, right? Ever since I was a little girl I have always wanted him to make me one. Finally, this valentines day I got one. Allow me to explain my obsession with having this ring. My great grandmother, which would be my grandaddy's mother, wore a dime ring as her wedding band. Her husband was too poor to buy her a "real ring", so he made her one. He took a dime and whittled out the inside of it until all that was left was a ring. I remember being a little girl and being mesmerized by hearing this story. Too my great grandparents, it didn't matter the size of the ring, or what it cost. All that mattered was their love for each other, true love.
2. I just received this beautiful arrangement of flowers from my parents. I love getting flowers, these defiantly brought a smile to my face. I am one lucky girl! Thanks Mom and Dad! I love you guys!
3. I didn't go to school today because I woke up feeling horrible this morning. While getting ready for school I thought I was going to be sick, so I decided to stay home and rest. It has been a great relaxing day so far, I can't wait to see what tonight has in store for me. I'm hoping to have a great night with my sweet love!

Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment