Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Two Great Men

Today has been a very bittersweet day for me.

The sweet part...My daddy celebrated his 58th birthday today. I have always been and always will be a daddy's girl. Through the years I have learned so much from him and I am so blessed to call him my daddy. My daddy works so hard to provide for our family and I don't know what we would do without him. I love my daddy so much and hope to celebrate many more birthdays with him.

The bitter part...Willie's Uncle Jeff passed away Saturday night. This was very unexpected and caught the whole family off guard. I have known Jeff for four years now and he was such a great man. I can truly say that I am so blessed to have known him. He was so full of life and energy, Willie is a lot like him in that way. I love his sweet family so much and I pray for them as they struggle through this hard time. He left behind his wife Tren and four precious children Talley, Maddie, Liam, and Rafe. Willie has been in Texas this whole week and I know this has been so hard on him. Jeff was not only Willie's uncle, but also his mentor. He will be greatly missed. His funeral was today and I am so upset that I couldn't be there. Please pray for this sweet family as they struggle through this difficult time.

Uncle Jeff, I am honored to have known you. Thanks for welcoming me into your family and always being so kind to me. You could always make me laugh. I will miss you so much! I love you!


Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment