Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fireflies and Candlelight



There is nothing I love more at the end of the day than relaxing outside. Putting my feet up as I lie back in the big red chair that goes without being used most days. Listening to the crickets chirp as the cool breeze blows...bliss. I love Mississippi this time of year. In a word...beautiful!

Moving on, I recently made a few new purchase for my room....
I found the blue mason jar at a local antique store in my hometown. Antiquing has always been a hobby of my mom's but recently I have gotten into it. The dark bule jar is actually a coffee jar. However, I turned both of them into candle holders. Like I needed any more candles in my room. I already had five. Five plus the two new ones brings us to a grand total of seven. Wow. I say it's a little crazy, but Emily assures me that I'm just being resourceful and conserving electricity.

While we are on the subject of roommates can i just tell you that I love them! Lauren, Emily, and I all went for a walk last night around our apartment complex. It was so nice just to be able to relax and talk with friends. I really don't know what I would do without them. Tonight Alicia and I have share stories about our classrooms with each other. I am so blessed to live with three student teachers who can all relate to what I am going through.

Thirty three more days of student teaching left to go. It's a bit bitter sweet. I am excited to be moving on and graduating. I am so looking forward to next year when I can have a classroom of my own. However, I really love my kids. It is going to be very hard to leave them. I think they have taught me just as much, or maybe more than I have taught them. It is amazing the things kids can teach you.

Tonight has been a great night to relax with friends and let the stress of today drift away. Sometimes in life I think that we should all take time to go outside and watch the fireflies.

A good teacher is like a candle ~ it consumes itself to light the way for others.
-Author Unknown

Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment