Sunday, March 6, 2011

MIA


Oh my Goodness!!!

Where has this girl been...it has been WAY too long...17 day actually.

Let me try to catch you up on what I've been doing.

Warning: this could be the longest blog post ever!

Baseball season has started and it is in full swing. I absolutely love this time of year, but it sure does make my life a little more hectic. Sy is only a freshman, but he has seen some varsity playing time. Nothing in the world can make me happier than watching my baby brother doing what he loves. He has a passion for the game that is evident. I am so proud of him. Here's a few pictures of the season so far.



School has been crazy busy lately. I have been observed twice in the past two weeks by my university supervisor. He came last Friday the 25th, for my informal observation. I was super nervous about this because the teacher I am placed with suggested I teach math. Teaching math is defiantly not in my comfort zone. I have never been good at math and I was super nervous to be graded on how well I did teaching it. Long story short, my lesson went great and I received a perfect score. To top it all off, my supervisor said he really loved the way I taught math and he was very impressed with the way I controlled my classroom. That was music to my ears. This Friday the 4th, my supervisor came back to watch me teach my 10-day lesson. I was feeling more confidant this time because I wast teaching science, the human body system, I was defiantly feeling more in my element. It went great and he said that I was becoming a much more polished teacher than I was last semester. Still makes me smile to know that I am getting better at what I love.
I was sick almost the whole month of February, I could not figure out why I was not getting over it and getting better. After three visits to my doctor and I fingers stick later, I was told that I have seasonal allergies. Great! Not! I have been taking a nasal spray for the past week and I am feeling tons better! Which is wonderful news since I am outside so much this time of year.

This weekend we were supposed to have ball game every day, but thanks to the monsoon we have had the last two days, they were canceled. This opened up time for me to finished getting everything finished and put together on my ten day. Getting the binder organized and put together is the worst part of the whole thing. I am more than half way done with it and it's not due until April 14 so I am super happy.

Friday night I ran to CVS with mama and we made the mistake of going down the "As Seen on TV"row. I am such a sucker for infomercial and usually the product is not as great as it looks on television. However, this little baby is wonderful. It helps me keep all of my ten day paper organized. If you are a teacher, or a teacher to be, I defiantly suggest you getting a wonder file.

One final thought before I get back to work on my ten-day...I have to have one of these! Graduation present? I think so ;) Speaking of graduation, that is coming up in 69 day! AHHH!! I have to get those applications and resumes turned it. Stress!! I think I need this Ipad to reduced my stress. Haha.

Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment