Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cure for the Cold...Mamaw's Hot Chocolate!

I am not sure how the weather is in your part of the world, but here it is Cold with a capitol C. When I woke up this morning and checked the weather on my phone, I was shocked to see that it was 5 degrees outside. That is crazy. Let's just say that this girl was not excited about getting out of her warm bed this morning.

As I was lying there I began to think back to my childhood. I began to recall all the cold winter mornings I spent at my Mamaw Holley's house. My Mama would drop me off every morning on her way to work and I would spend the day with my Mamaw. Every morning for breakfast she would fix me eggs, bacon, chocolate gravy, and homemade biscuits. The best part about breakfast at Mamaw Holley's was getting to drink her homemade hot chocolate.

When I saw how cold it was this morning, I decided that today would be the perfect day for making Mamaw's hot chocolate. I thought I would share it with ya'll so that you could try out the recipe for yourself.

Mamaw Holley's Hot Chocolate:

You will need:
1 Tablespoon of Cocoa
2/3 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of water
2 1/2 cups of milk

First: Put the cocoa and the sugar in a pan and mix them together



Second: Add the water to the sugar and cocoa and mix well

Third: Heat the mixture until it boils. When it begins boiling, stir the mixture for one minute.

Fourth: Turn down the heat and add the milk. Stir until the hot chocolate is warm.


Fifth: Pour into a mug and enjoy!


*This recipe will make enough for three cups of hot chocolate.

Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment