Monday, January 31, 2011

What Vegetable is Used to Make Sauerkraut?

Oh the things a fourth grader will say....

Today we had a few minutes to spare before changing classes, so Mrs. Smith and I decided to play brain quest with the kids. For those of you who are unfamiliar with brain quest I will explain. Brain quest comes with a deck of cards, on the front side is a list of grade appropriate questions and the answers are on the back. We usually go around the room and ask each student a question, if they provide the right answer they get a piece of candy. This question happened to come up today.

What vegetable is used to make sauerkraut? The correct answer was cabbage.

This was the answer one of my fourth graders gave, "Mrs. Smith, I don't even know what sour crap is".

It was all I could do to not bust out laughing. My kids defiantly keep the days interesting.



Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment