Monday, January 24, 2011

I Feel Like My Mother

Today was my first day back to school. My morning started off bright and early, well actually not bright because the sun wasn't up yet, at 5:45. After making breakfast and getting ready, I headed out to conquer my first day of student teaching, brown paper lunch bag and all.

After spending eight LONG hours at the elementary school, I was off to Wal-Mart to get my shopping done. I so did not want to go on this shopping trip, especially after being up on my feet all day long. However, and my pantry was empty. Therefore, I had no choice. I mean a girls got to eat right?

Once I arrived back home, it was time to conquer my favorite thing...laundry. Gross. That is the only word I can thing to describe how I feel about doing laundry. After the laundry was in the washer it was time to make supper. So I did what any tired college student would do in this same situation. I went to my freezer. Frozen food is my hero. Thank you Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips for making my life easier tonight.

With my belly full, I am now in the middle of folding my laundry and putting it away. As I was doing this I started to think about all the not so fun things I had to do today. For the first time in a long time I felt like a "real" adult. More than that, I felt like my mom. Then I started to think about how tired I was and how busy today was. I dawned on me that this is how my mother feels everyday. So there you go, I am a 21 year old, with no "real" kids, and I feel like a mom.

Now it is time for bed, I have to be well rested to handle all of my "fake" children in the morning. Even though I am very tired after teaching them all day, I can't wait to go to school in the morning and get 46 hugs. Being a student teacher is hard, but it sure is rewarding!

P.S. Pictures of my first day student teaching coming soon. Too tired to do it tonight.
Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment