Friday, January 7, 2011

A Little About...ME




I am a senior at The University of Mississippi where I am majoring in Elementary Education. Hotty Toddy! I will be graduating this spring and I am still not sure how I feel about this. Everything thing in my world is beginning to change. Thinking about having a "big girl job" makes my excited and nervous all at the same time. I can’t wait to have my own classroom and begin doing the thing I love...teaching! For as far back as I can remember, I have always known that I wanted to be a teacher. Seeing a child excited about learning is the most wonderful thing in the world. I believe that as a teacher you must teach a child they CAN before someone else teaches them they CAN'T!

I have been blessed with a wonderful family. My Mama is my role model and my confidante. Daddy is my rock and will always be "Daddy's little girl" in his eyes. My little brother Sy is growing into a young man right before my eyes. Although we sometimes get on each other’s nerves, we are each other’s biggest fans.

I have been in love with the same boy for four years. We met for the first time in fifth grade when I only saw him as a nerdy boy who was into Harry Potter. Things changed our senior year of High School when we became friends and then fell in love. Willie is the only man I have ever loved and the only one I would ever want to.





My friends keep me sane when life gets crazy. I can’t imagine my life without them in it. There is never a dull moment when we are together and I sometimes find myself laughing so hard that I cry. I can’t say enough about how wonderful my friends are, each one of them has truly been a blessing to my life.

I am a planner by nature, but I enjoy doing things on a whim. Worrying is one of my faults, but I am working on becoming fearless. I hate making decisions and would rather let someone else choose for me, especially when it comes to deciding where to eat. I wish love were as easy in the real world was as they make it seem in the movies. I have a weakness for Ben & Jerry's ice cream, even on the worst days it makes everything all better.

"But those who trust in the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint"

-Isaiah 40:31

Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment