Sunday, January 9, 2011

I Was Promised Snow...So Where Is It?

Being from Mississippi, I have only seen snow a few times in my life. I believe I could count the times on one hand. This Christmas I received the greatest gift of all...a WHITE Christmas. To say that I was excited would be an understatement. Below are a few pictures I took of the snow on Christmas morning.





Now to the news at hand. I am one sad girl today because I was promised by the weatherman that by 3:00 today I would have snow. He forecasted five to eight inches of snow, which is an unheard of amount for Mississippi. Well it is now 4:20 and it is raining outside...freezing rain that is. Have you ever tried to play outside in freezing rain? Somehow I don't picture it to be as fun as playing in the snow. Here is a quick picture I took of the "five to eight inches of snow" we have received so far!


My mama has called a few times today to ask me if it is snowing yet. At home they have already received an inch or so. If the bridges weren't already icing over I would make the thirty minuted drive back home. Now for some good news, according to the radar we should get some snow latter on it the day. I will be patiently waiting. Ha. Happy Sunday!


Haley

1 comment: